Just a note…

Hi!

On a different note… (tee hee, couldn’t resist!)

This card was lots of fun to make. It also was a lesson in salvage!

Do you ever look at a project and find you are afraid to do something or add something in fear of messing it up? Or do you do something or add something and find that you did indeed “mess it up”? Well this was one of those days!

This card was supposed to be 4¼” x 5½” but when I was scoring it, I scored it at 5″ not 5.5″ (done that a few times!) so I end up with a card that is 4¼” x 6″ with the top being only 5″. So I decided I would take advantage of that and put the sentiment on the bottom where it would also be on the inside. THEN, I messed up when I was writing the sentiment so I decided to cover the original with a piece of black card stock and write it again in white. Geez, what else was going to go wrong? Thankfully, that was all…. for this card! Moral of the story, don’t be afraid – its only paper and you can fix it. It may not be exactly what you had in mind but I know I’ve found many times it is better. I also have a stack of “works in progress” that I just get stumped while making it and put it aside and come back to it another day. I think that is my biggest challenge – pushing past the fear of screwing up!

Anyway, on with the card….

The base is white card stock. I took another piece of white card stock and stamped the trumpets (Trumpet stamp from Art Gone Wild) with Versamark ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I then ran it through my Sizzix Texture (the cute little guy that looks like a purse – – I love it. I also have a Big Shot but for embossing, I always go back to my “purse”!!). I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder “allegro” – a very cool sheet of music and then inked over it with black Distress ink. I really loved the effect of both of the types of embossing together.

I took a piece of red card stock and covered the edges with Versamark ink and embossed with clear embossing powder (just for a bit of shimmer) and adhered it to the base. I cut the embossed piece down to 3¾” x 4½” (1/4″ less than the red piece) and adhered it to the red one. As I mentioned, I messed up the sentiment at the bottom, so I took black card stock cut to 4″ x 5¾” and adhered it to the inside of the card and wrote my sentiment “just a note” with a white pen so it shows on the front of the card as well as on the inside. I finished it off with a black and white polka dot ribbon and added a red button from a stash of old buttons.

Wow, I think it took longer to explain making the card than it did to actually make it! Really have to look into videos…..

🙂

Later…..

S

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s